Making research accessible, for everyone.
Our goal is to bridge coursework with real-world applications by designing new, research-focused courses at the University of Michigan. A key aspect of our courses is that they are developed and taught by experienced undergraduate researchers with the support and guidance of departmental faculty. Our mission is to increase excitement about education and learning new material by challenging ourselves and other students to participate in hands-on experiences which bring to life the material they are learning in a lecture hall. We utilize the platform of education as a means to increase student exposure to new techniques and applications for what they learn in a lecture format in order to better prepare our generation of students to become researchers in their fields.
In the Media
- Perch Education featured in Science Magazine
- Perch launches a platform for undergraduate researchers!
- Perch takes home $10K second-place prize at the Ann Arbor Spark Bootcamp!
- Perch joins the 18th cohort of TechArb Student Accelerator for Summer 2020
- Perch takes home $10K second-place prize at the Burgess New Venture Challenge!
- Perch founder, Akira Nishii, shares his experience starting and running Perch at Newsweek